Advent | Week 1 | Saturday
It’s easy during this time of year to be overbooked and stressed. Add the challenges that the entire world is facing to those the uniquely personal ones each of us navigate, and we can lose sight of the One Whose coming we celebrate. Take a moment to ask yourself:
- Where is tension present in my body?
- When have I acted out of frustration and impatience?
- What’s beneath that irritability? Fatigue? Anxiety? Sadness?
- Am I overcommitting my time and energy?
- Am I making good sleep and other healthy habits a priority?
- Are there resentments that I need to talk through with God?
- Am I avoiding conversations with others that need to take place for loving relationships to grow?
- What gives me joy during this season?
- Am I giving time and attention to the people and things that I value most?
Create some space to share with God the things that surface as you ponder these questions and to listen to Him.